OKAY!!!!! REMEMBER HOW I WAS GOING ON ABOUT THIS AWESOME WEBSITE THAT WE HAD LINKS TO IN YEAR NINE AND IT EXPLAINED EVERYTHING AND ALL THAT AND HAD LINKS TO TRUMAN'S DIARIES???
I FOUND IT!!!
Gar Alperovitz is a historian also featured in the site - I love him (I've got heaps of quotes about him). HE HAS VERY outstanding yet criticized (because Americans are all patriotic) perspectives and opinions about the bombing - THAT ALL WORK IN OUR FAVOUR!!!
OKAY, anyway, I though the bloke's name was David or something, but in fact the dude who created the site, his name is Doug. But it's worth checking out, it has links to other places as well and a few classified documents. I also have MAJOR information for defence that I discovered today as I was reading, coming home from school.
Here's the link by the way:
http://www.doug-long.com/index.htm
Yeah. I'm excited, like I'm on LSD or something. But I do believe that we at least can win THIS debate kicking-ass Vale Sloane, style.
Have a lovely night and see you tomorrow!!
Dana xoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1. Japan's surrender was unnecessary for the cesation of the war, and this was America's main justification for the bombs. STEF
2. Truman Bombed Japan to expose the power of the US to the Allied Powers. He knew that Japan's military threat was miniscule. The fact that Truman was aware of Japan's desire to retain the Emperor - and that being a major reason for their lack of surrender - bombed them anyway! This furthermore proves that Truman's intentions were largely political. STEF/DANA
3. Japan could have been convinced to surrender/demilitarise via the emperor alone, who was holy and had absolute power within parliament. DANA
4. They had the resources to invade Japan with "conventional" warfare. They had, infact, already planned to do so. It would have killed fewer people than the bombs and it would have saved the 2 billion dollars spent on creating the stupid bomb. DANA
5. It was an experiment. Truman said so. DANA
6. Truman knew Soviets were going to go in. He just wanted to be first.
Post a Comment